Sunday 14 July 2013

Story Stones

Well I have been exploring the wonders of story stones recently.  Inspired by a great friend who wanted a set of Gruffalo story stones painted ...

I am so pleased with them that I had to do another set straight away!

After larging it up with the Gruffalo I thought I would try something different, so after yet another trek to the beach (my poor family) i set about painting random images onto smaller pebbles.  This was then the inspiration for after dinner frolics when we each had to choose 4 from a bag and tell as story including each one!  


Next move.... what could i possibly paint now??? I know my fav kids book 'Room on the Broom'



The broom stone is reversible! I am so pleased with them! What do you think?????

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! I am absolutely in love with your story stones..... The question is ... do you sell them?? i think they are just beautiful!! I'm studying to become a TA and i'm taking a group of children on Tuesday to Read 'Room On The Broom' and and activity.. i So wish i had these for it... KJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much KJ. I don't sell the character ones as such as I am worried there would be a copyright issue there. I have made them as gifts really. I am working on a set of story stones however which are all my own designs so will post those ones soon. If you want to know more please feel free to email me on bouncytigglet@hotmail.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning, and so brilliant for stimulating the children. May I ask what paints you use and how you seal them? Do you use some sort of varnish? Again, fabulous. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I use acrylics and then spray with a clear varnish. They are great for kids, I have had very positive responses from the ones I've made already. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing... :O i tried painting a rock but it was too simple. it was a strawberry!

    ReplyDelete