Sunday 20 April 2014

Craftseller free papers challenge

Well I thought I would set myself an Easter challenge.  I was given a subscription to Craftseller (a fantastic mag) for Christmas and this months issue came with some lovely free papers.  So rather than stashing them away for a rainy day I decided to challenge myself to see how many projects I could create with the papers.  Here is a picture of the things I have made so far.  Believe it or not there is plenty of paper left to create some more things!

I created a flower exploding box card, a 5" smash book, a mini book and a photo box!


This mini book uses one peace of 6"x12"  paper.  I have used thin card to make the cover, then covered with one of the lovely papers.


This little box comprises of two oragami folded boxes hinged together.  There is a magnetic strip around it.


Once opened ...


... there is a concertina mini photo album!


Here is the smash book I made.


Some pages contain tabs.  


There are even some little pockets!

Well what do you think??? I loved this challenge and has been a lovely way to spend a few hours!

I wonder what else I could make with the left overs?!?

xxx

8 comments:

  1. What lovely results from your play time! They're fab. Easter blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations, I do love the free gifts from magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, I've got so many papers I really should try and see how much I can make with just a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies. I have managed to create even more bits. It is amazing how much you can do! I think I am far more motivated when I challenge myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of lovely things you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've been busy, what great makes! I always keep the free papers that come with magazines but rarely use them - I have a big stash stored up for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely makes and such a variety, well done :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely paper makes. i often do that too - use up the magazine papers - no point in hoarding them as the new ones will keep coming in with each season :)

    ReplyDelete